We continue our exciting Eurovision journey with a series of posts, “Around The Continent,” where we will share a recap of the Eurovision season news.
Let’s travel through country by country, to collect all the exciting stories and updates.
2 of the hosts of “Festivali i Këngës 62″ have been revealed: Kledi Kadiu will join Adriana Matoshi in hosting the festival in December:
The line-up and format for each night can be found here
To date, Armenia hasn’t confirmed participation at Eurovision 2024 in an official way.
According to unofficial sources, Armenia might plan a national selection for Eurovision 2024, with the suggested name “Armenian melody”.
The submission window might close on the 30th of December 2023.
If the rumors turn out to be true, 6 artists will take part in the national selection (with one that might be invited by the national broadcaster).
6 artists qualified for the 3rd round of internal selection:
- Aisel (Eurovision 2018)
- Emy Lia (Emiliya Yaqubova) – The winner of “The Voice of Azerbaijan” season 1
- İlkin Dövlətov & Mila Miles & Etibar Əsədli
- Səbinə Quluzadə
The deadline for submitting songs for “ESCZ 2024” closed on the 7th of November.
Cyprus‘ entrant for Eurovision 2024, Silia Kpasis has given an interview to CyBC, where she hinted her Eurovision performance will involve dance movements.
“Dasnk Melodi Grand Prix 2024” will be held on the 17th of February 2024.
A week before, DR will broadcast a show with unplugged versions of the songs.
The results will be based on jury votes and a public vote.
The jury panel will consist of 20 members: 10 Danish Eurovision experts and 10 international jury members.
Around 500 songs were submitted to the selection process.
The 20 artists who will take part in “Eesti Laul 2024″ have been revealed:
- Ollie – My Friend
- Sofia Rubina – Be Good
- Ewert and the 2 Dragons – Hold Me Now
- Multikas, Ewert Sundja – Oblivion
- Anet Vaikmaa – Serotoniin
- 5MIINUST x Groupup – (nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi (Eng: We (do) know nothing about (these) drugs)
- Yonna – I Don’t Know About You
- Silver Jusilo – Lately
- Inga – No Dog On a Leash
- Peter Põder – Korra Veel (Eng: One More Time)
- Antsud – Vetevaim (Eng: Water Spirit)
- Cecilia – FOMO
- Traffic – Wunderbar
- Ingmar – Dreaming
- Laura – Here’s Where I Draw The Line
- Brother Apollo – Bad Boy [Pre-qualified finalist]
- Carlos Ukareda – Never Growing Up [Pre-qualified finalist]
- Daniel Levi – Over The Moon [Pre-qualified finalist]
- Nele-Liis Vaiksoo – “Käte ümber jää” (Eng: Hands Around Ice) [Pre-qualified finalist]
- Uudo Sepp & Sarah Murray – Still Love [Pre-qualified finalist]
- A professional jury committee consisting of 41 members will shortlist 20 of them.
- 5 songs will get a direct path to the final, while an additional 15 songs will have to go through the semi-final. 5 songs will qualify from the semi-final.
- “Eesti Laul 2024″ semi-final will be held on the 20th of January 2024.
- The final will be held on the 17th of February 2024.
- The “Eesti Laul 2024″ songs will be released on Friday, 8th of December 2023
- Grete Kuld and Tõnis Niinemets will host the shows:
France was the first country to reveal its song for Eurovision 2024!
Slimane will perform “Mon amour” (Eng: My Love):
So far, around 50 songs have been submitted for Marina Satti, some of them by well-known writers.
According to the Greek media, the songs will be selected internally.
The submission window will close on the 1st of December 2023.
Israel is trying to modify the selection process due to the ongoing war with terror organization Hamas. The first episode of “The Rising Star For Eurovision 2024” (“Hakochav Haba La’Eurovision 2024“) hasn’t been aired to date.
There is a possibility Israel will switch to internal selection for Eurovision 2024.
“Festival Di Sanremo 2024” will be held between the 6th of February and the 10th of February 2024.
Marco Menogni (Eurovision 2013, 2023) will co-host the first night of the festival
The live auditions for “Sanremo Giovani 2023” will be held on the 12th of November. 49 young artists will compete for 8 spots in the final (on the 19th of December 2023).
Chaild and Maz Univerze submiitted the song “Night Call” to the national selection:
36 artists were shortlisted to participate in “MESC 2024”.
This week (Friday), the 3rd semi-final was held with additional 9 perfomers.
NRK has just completed the selection of songs for the “Melodi Grand Prix 2024”.
- “Melodi Grand Prix 2024″ will feature 3 semi-finals and a grand final. 6 artists will compete in each semi-final.
- The provisional dates are:
- Semi-Final 1: Saturday, the 13th of January 2024
- Semi-Final 2: Saturday, the 20th of January 2024
- Semi-Final 3: Saturday, the 27th of January 2024
- Final: Saturday, the 3rd of February 2024
- The semi-finals results will be determined by a 100% public vote
- The final results will be determined by: a 60% public vote and a 40% international jury voting.
The selection process for Eurovision 2024 is still unknown.
However, Mr. Narcissus stated that he will submit this song for the Polish selection
The 20 composers behind “Festival da Canção 2024” songs have been revealed:
- Buba Espinho
- Cristina Clara
- FILIPA (Free submission Path)
- João Borsch
- João Couto (Free submission Path)
- LEFT. (Free submission Path)
- Leo Middea
- Maria João
- MELA (Free submission Path)
- Mila Dores
- No Maka
- Rita Onofre (Free submission Path)
- Rita Rocha (Free submission Path)
- Silk Nobre
Some of them might be participants in the festival, while others might remain as composers only.
So far, 270 artists submitted their candidacy to “Una Voce Per San Marino 2024″. They come from 17 different countries: Germany, Greece, Israel, the USA, Italy, San Marino, Malta, Russia, Spain, Finland, Belgium, Norway, Turkey, Sweden, Croatia, Argentina, and Mauritania
The semi-finals will last for 6 days in February 2024. The final will be held on the 2nd of March (16 artists: 8 established, 8 emerging artists)
The results will be determined by an expert jury.
The submission window for “Pesma za Evroviziju” closed on the 10th of November 2023.
Later on, an expert jury will shortlist a number of songs for the semi-finals
The rumored artists to submit an entry are: Filip Baloš, Zorja, Nadia, Titta Foureira, Marko Mandić, Breskvica, M.IRA, Maja Nikolić, and MC Stojan.
The 16 artists who will compete in “Benidorm Fest 2024” will be revealed on the 11th of November 2023, during the Latin Grammy Awards in Seville.
You can take a look at the brand new logo of the festival:
- “Benidorm Fest 2024” will feature 2 semi-finals (30th of January 2024 and 1st of February 2024 ) and a final (3rd of February 2024)
- Each show will be determined by:
- 50% international and national jury
- 25% public votes
- 25% demographic jury, representing different parts of the population.
30 artists will participate in “Melodifestivalen 2024″. They will be revealed on the 1st of December 2023.
- The schedule for “Melodifestivalen 2024” will be:
- Heat 1 – Saturday, 3rd of February 2024: Malmö Arena, Malmö (Eurovision 2024 venue)
- Heat 2 – Saturday, 10th of February 2024: Scandinavium, Gothenburg
- Heat 3 – Saturday, 17th of February 2024: Vida Arena, Växjö
- Heat 4 – Saturday, 24th of February 2024: Stiga Sports Arena, Eskilstuna
- Heat 5 – Saturday, 2nd of March 2024: Löfbergs Arena, Karlstad
- Final – Saturday, 9th of March 2024: Friends Arena, Stockholm
- 12 artists will compete in the final: 10 artists will qualify from the heat to the final (2 per heat) and 2 additional will get a wild-card
According to Swedish Aftonbladet, the list of rumored artists are:
- Medina – Participated in “Melodifestivalen 2022“
- Maria Sur – Participated in “Melodifesvalen 2023“
- Kim Cesarion (debut)
They are joined by a former 11 artists who have been mentioned in the past:
- Cazzi Opeia
- Marcus and Martinus
- Clara Klingenström
- Adam Woods
- Lisa Ajax
- Smash Into Pieces
- Lasse Stefanz
- Samir & Viktor
- Elecktra (Robin Werner)
A long list of 20 artists for “Vidbir 2024” was introduced:
- Alyona Alyona & Jerry Heil (Vidbir 2020 + 2023)
- Julia Belei
- MÉLOVIN (Eurovision 2018)
Up to 10 artists will compete in “Vidbir 2024″, and their names will be revealed by the 20th of November 2023. The public will have the opportunity to give an additional wildcard