Stig Karlsen, the project manager of “Melodi Grand Prix 2021” was interviewed to the Norwegian website ESCNorge and revealed information about the upcoming Norwegian selection.
- “Melodi Grand Prix 2021” will include 5 semi-finals and a grand final.
- In each semi-final, 4 artists will compete for one spot in the grand final. Each semi-final will consists of 3 battles until the winner is determined.
- The show will be held on Saturdays. The first semi-final will be held on the 16th of January 2020, while the grand final will be held on the 20th of February 2021
- The semi-finals won’t be region based anymore.
- 6 acts will be chosen internally to be automatic qualifiers for the final.
- Another act will qualify for the final as a wild-card from the semi-finals.
- Therefore, the grand final will include a line-up of 12 participants: 5 semi-finals winners, 1 wildcard and 6 automatic qualifiers.
- All the 6 shows will be held H3 Arena, in Fornebu.
- The results of all the shows will be solely determined by public online voting.
According to Stig Karlsen, we can expect for some surprises and a diverse genre line-up.
In addition, the technical issues will be improves so the voting will be robust .
You can watch the full interview on YouTube:
Stay tuned for all the news about Eurovision 2021. You can find all the relevant information at out Eurovision 2021 homepage: