As we have reported earlier, Romania will select its act for Eurovision 2022 via national selection – “Selecţia Naţională 2022“.
Romanian broadcaster TVR has published the regulations, format, and dates of the selection.
TVR will use a revamped and extended version of the traditional “Selecţia Naţională” we’ve known from the past.
- The submission window is open between Friday, the 26th of November and Sunday the 19th of December 2021.
- Registration is available online. Songs will be sent via e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Romanian and Non-Romanian writers, producers and composers are welcome to send their songs.
- Performers of the songs must be Romanian
- Song Duration should be of maximum 3 minutes.
- All performers must be at least 16 years old.
- Songs shouldn’t be published before submission.
- There are no language limitations, however each song should be sent with translation to the Romanian language.
- Each submission should be sent with an instrumental version as well.
- The text of the song must not be obscene, political or contain advertising messages.
- Each performer is allowed to send one entry.
- There are no limitations on the number of submissions by same co,poser/ writer, as long as they will be performed by different artists.
About “Selecţia Naţională 2022”
- The professional jury will judge all submissions that meet the regulations.
- Jury panel will consist of 5 people.
- The jury will reduce the list of submissions to 45 songs.
- The creiterions will be: sound quality, originallity, melody development along with the song, stylistic diversity of the songs in the contest, and vocal interpretation.
- 45 selected songs will qualify for the pre-selection round and will be announced by Thursday the 23rd of December 2021.
- The semi-final of the Selecţia Naţională 2022 will take place between 5th of February 2022 and 12th of February 2022, and has two stages.
- The first stage of the semi-final will take place between 5th of February 2022 and 10th of February 2022. Special jury members will judge the songs. 15 songs will be shortlisted by the jury.
- Each jury member will grand 1-8, 10, 12 points to his/her top 10 songs.
- The second stage of the semi-final will involve televoting. The public will be able to select an additional 5 songs.
- Public voting will be available on the Eurovision Romania Facebook page, between 9th of February 2022 (20.00 o’clock) and 10th of February 2022 (20.00 o’clock).
- On the 12nd of February 2022. the televised semi-final with live performances will take place.
- A special jury panel will judge the songs.
- 10 songs out of 20 will advance to the final.
- The grand final of “Selecţia Naţională 2022” will be held on Saturday the 5th of March 2022.
- The results of the grand-final will be determined by a combination of 50% public vote and 50% jury vote.
In 2021, Roxen represented Romania.
She performed the song “Amnesia” and didn’t qualify for the final
What do you think about the new format of the national selection?
Will Romania qualify for the final after failing to qualify for the grand final in 2018,2019 and 2021?