Albanian broadcaster RTSH has announced the dates for “Festivali i Këngës 61”.
As every year, the festival will be held in the middle-end of December.
The dates for the 61st edition are:
- Night 1 – Monday, 19th of December 2022
- Night 2 – Tuesday, 20th of December 2022
- Night 3 – Wednesday, 21st of December 2022
- Final Night – Thursday, 22nd of December 2022
In addition, the artistic-creative team behind the festival revealed:
Arbana Osmani (presenter) – 39-year-old Albanian television presenter and radio personality. She is best known for hosting “The Big Brother Albania“.
Bojken Lako – One of the most established musicians and producers in Albania. He is well known for competing in “Festivali i Këngës” several times in the past. This year he will probably be the musical director of the festival. He is the creator of several successful music platforms for young people.
Shpetim Saraçi – A 52-year-old Albanian composer. He is considered a fan of the festival. Over the years, he has composed several soundtracks for movies.
Eraldo Rexho – An Albanian journalist in RTSH
Eduart Grishaj is a 33-year-old Albanian director, producer, and filmmaker. He is well known for being the director of “The Big Brother Albania“
26 artists will compete in the festival. 16 established artists (that have already participated in the previous editions of the festival), alongside 10 newcomers (young artists and alternative bands):
- 2 Farm (Bandë muzikore) – Atomike (Eng: Atomic)
- Alban Kondi & Lorela Karoshi – Melodi (Eng: Melody)
- Albina Kelmendi – Duje (Eng: You Want)
- Anduel Kovaçi – Malli (Eng: Merchandise)
- Aris Bako – Sonte dua të jem me ty (Eng: Tonight I want to be with you).
- Melodajna Mancaku – Gjysma e zemrës sime (Eng: Half of my heart)
- Elsa Lila – Evita
- Enxhi Nasufi – Burrë (Eng: Man)
- Erma Mici – Kozmosi i dashurisë (Eng: Cosmos of love)
- Evi Reçi – Ma kthe (Eng: Give me back)
- Fabian Basha – Një gotë (Eng: A Glass)
- Fifi (Filloreta Raçi) – Stop
- Franc Koruni – Në pritje (Eng: Waiting)
- Genti Hoxha – Ajër (Eng: Air)
- Gjergj Kaçinari – Dje (Eng: Yesterday)
- Luna Causholli – Jetën ta fal (eng: I Forgive Life)
- LYNX – Nëse ke besim (Eng: If you believe)
- Manjola Nallbani – Dua (Eng: I Want)
- Permit of Stay – Fobia (Eng: Phobia)
- Petrit Çarkaxhiu – Emri yt mirësi (Eng: Your name is kindness)
- Rezearta Smaja – N’Eden (Eng: In Eden)
- Rovena Dilo – Motit (Eng: Weather)
- Sara Kapo – Para teje (Eng: Before you)
- Serxhio Hajdini – Vështirë (Eng: Difficult)
- Urban Band – Në çdo hap (Eng: At every step)
- Vanesa Soni – Aroma jonë (Eng: Our Fragrance)
For the first time since 2016, the public will be involved in the festival’s results.
However, the public has had little weight on the results in the past.
This year, the Albanian representative for Eurovision will be selected by 100% public vote (via SMS)
The jury will determine the festival’s results and will grant the main awards:
- 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place
- 1st prize for the best-established artists
- 1st prize for the best young artist and alternative bands
Note: The festival winner (awarded by jury) won’t necessarily be the Albanian representative for Eurovision 2023.
Are you excited about the festival?
Have you marked your calendars already?