On the 27th of October 2022, Ukrainian broadcaster Suspline released the list of 36 artists who qualified for the second round on the selection.
These artists attended auditions, in order to narrow down the list to only 10 artists who will compete in the national final “Vidbir 2023”
Suspline has just released the list of 10 finalists alongside their song titles:
- 2TONE – Квітка (Eng: Flower)
- Angelina – Stronger
- DEMCHUK – Alive
- FIINKA – Довбуш
- Jerry Heil – WHEN GOD SHUT THE DOOR
- KRUTЬ – Колискова (Eng: Lullaby)
- Moisei – I’m Not Alone
- OY Sound System – Ой, тужу (Eng: Oh, I miss you)
- Tember Blanche – Я вдома (Eng: I’m at home)
- TVORCHI – Heart Of Steel
The songs will be released on the 1st of December 2022!
Some of the artists might be familiar names for you.
KRUTЬ was a finalist in “Vidbir 2020” with the song “99”
Jerry Heil was a finalist in “Vidbir 2020” with the song “Vegan”
TVORCHI participated in “Vidbir 2020“:
The national selection is planned to take part on the 17th of December 2022
Timur Miroshnychenko will be one of the hosts.
For the second slot of hosting, there are 2 rumored names: Zlata Ognevich (ESC 2013) or Kateryna Osadcha.
The public has voted for 3 musicians to be part of the jury panel in “Vidbir 2023”:
- Taras Topolia – The lead singer of the Antitila band
- Jamala – The winner of Eurovision 2016
- Yulia Sanina – The lead singer of alternative rock band The Hardkiss (“Vidbir 2016)
The results will be based on a combination of national jury and public vote.
Kalush Orchestra represented Ukraine at Euroision 2022 with the song “Stefania”.
They were announced as the winners of Eurovision 2022
Who will follow the steps of Kalush Orchestra?
Do you think any of the returning artists to “Vidbir” has a chance to represent the country this year?