As we continue our weekly series Around The Continent, we will discuss the news and tell the story of each country’s preparation for the Eurovision Song Contest 2023.
Albina and Familija Kelmendi released the new version of “Duje“, with an official video clip:
Brunette will perform the song “Future Lover” at Eurovision 2023.
Her song will be released on Wednesday, the 15th of March 2023
Teya & Salena released their Eurovision 2023 entry “Who The Hell is Edgar?” with an entertaining video clip
Twins Turan and Tural Bagmanovlar (a.k.a TuralTuranX) have been internally selected to represent Azerbaijan at Eurovision 2023 with the song “Tell Me More.”
It is the first time since 2008, that the Azeri song for Eurovision was written by Azeri writers only. The song was written and composed by them. “Tell Me More” will probably be released in the upcoming week.
2 months after winning Belgium‘s “Eurosong 2023“, Gustaph released an official video-clip of his Eurovision 2023 entry “Because of You“:
Let 3 will release the official video clip of “Mama Šč” on Sunday, the 12th of March 2023.
Last week, they spent some time in the HRT studio, planning a stage performance for Liverpool.
The Georgian song for Eurovision 2023 will probably be released next week.
Iru (who was internally selected to represent Georgia) is finalizing her song for Eurovision 2023.
The song was co-written by Giorgi (Giga) Kukhianidze, who composed several Georgian songs for Junior Eurovision. Both of them co-wrote the Georgian song for Junior Eurovision 2022, and she won Junior Eurovision 2011 as part of a group.
The Greek court has decided to postpone the decision regarding Melissa‘s petition against Eurovision 2023 internal selection results. The decision will be made after Eurovision 2023.
So it looks like there’s no prevention of Victor Vernikos representing Greece at Eurovision 2023.
However, due to unknown reasons, the release of the Greek song “What They Say” was postponed several times
Last Saturday, Diljá won “Söngvakeppnin 2023” with her pop song “Power“.
She won both the international jury and the public vote (2 rounds).
RÚV has annonuced a record number of public votes in the history of the Icelandic selection.
The full results were (jury + public vote):
- Diljá – Power = 30,939 + 47,549 = 78,488
- Langi Seli og Skuggarnir – OK = 22,059 + 31,557 = 53,616
- Celebs – Dómsdags dans / Doomsday Dancing = 23,491 + 17,436 = 40,927
- Bragi – Sometimes the World’s Against Us = 22,345 + 14,463 = 36,808
- Sigga Ózk – Dancing Lonely = 24,350 + 12,179 = 36,529
While the super-final results were (round 1 + round 2):
You can listen to her live performance here:
Semi-Final 1 was determined by a tiny gap of 2 votes only:
- Diljá – Lifandi inni í mér / Power = 9,605
- Bragi – Stundum snýst heimurinn gegn þér / Sometimes the World’s Against Us = 7,135
- Celebs – Dómsdags dans / Doomsday Dancing = 7,133 [jury wildcard]
- Benedikt – Þora / Brave Face = 3,308
- Móa – Glötuð ást / Lose This Dream = 2,262
In Semi-final 2, the results were as follows:
- Langi Seli og Skuggarnir – OK = 12,714
- Sigga Ózk – Gleyma þér og dansa / Dancing Lonely = 10,024
- Úlfar – Betri maður / Impossible = 6,862
- Silja Rós & Kjalar – Ég styð þína braut / Together We Grow = 5,178
- Kristín Sesselja – Óbyggðir / Terrified = 2,638
Irish band Wild Youth released a new version of “We Are One” with a video clip:
Noa Kirel has released her song for Eurovision 2023 – “Unicorn“.
You can watch the shiny video clip (that was filmed in Poland) here:
The Busker released an official video clip of “Dance (Our Own Party)“. The song has been slightly revamped:
Last Saturday, Moldova held its national selection: “ETAPA NAȚIONALĂ 2023“.
The results were determined by a 50% national jury and a 50% public vote.
Pasha Parfeni won both the public vote and the national vote:
Pasha Parfeni will perform “Soarele şi luna” in Liverpool:
On Saturday, Portugal will hold the final of the “Festival da Canção 2023”.
13 artists will perform in the following running order:
- Cláudia Pascoal – Nasci Maria
- Churky – Encruzilhada
- Esse Povo – Sapatos de Cimento
- Bárbara Tinoco – Goodnight
- You Can’t Win, Charlie Brown – Contraste Mudo
- Voodoo Marmalade – Tormento
- Inês Apenas – Fim do mundo
- Mimicat – Ai Coração
- DAPUNKSPORTIF – World Needs Therapy
- Neon Soho – Endless
- Ivandro – Povo
- Edmundo Inácio – A Festa
- SAL – Viver
Filomena Cautela and Vasco Palmeirim will host the final.
The results will be determined by a 50% public vote a 50% national jury:
Last Saturday, Serbia held its national selection “Pesma za Evroviziju 23“.
The winner of the national selection was Luke Black with the song “Samo Mi Se Spava”
Luke achieved second place in the public vote and in the national jury vote.
Due to some gaps between the jury and public, he won.
The results of the selection were:
Combined with Public Vote:
Joker Out will release an English version of their Eurovision 2023 song “Carpe Diem“.
However, they won’t perform this version in Eurovision
Sweden will select an artist and a song for Eurovision 2023 on Saturday. The grand final of “Melodifestivalen 2023” will be held on the 11th of March 2023, 20:00 CET.
12 artists will perform in the following running order:
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren, Arc North feat. Adam Woods – Where You Are (Sávečan)
- Tone Sekelius – Rhythm Of My Show
- Mariette – One Day
- Marcus & Martinus – Air
- Panetoz – On My Way
- Maria Sur – Never Give Up
- Smash Into Pieces – Six Feet Under
- Kiana – Where Did You Go?
- Nordman – Släpp Alla Sorger
- Loreen – Tattoo
- Theoz – Mer Av Dig
- Paul Ray – Royals
- The results in the final will be determined by a combination of a 50% international jury and a 50% public vote.
- The public vote will be composed of 8 agr groups: 3-9, 10-15,16-29, 30-44, 45-59, 60-74, 75+, and televotrs.
- The international jury is from 8 different countries: Austria, Australia, Belgium, Croatia, Germany, Latvia, Malta and Spain
Remo Forrer released his Eurovision 2023 entry “Watergun”:
He will work with Sacha Jean Baptiste on his staging for Liverpool.
Sacha is a Swedish stage director and choreographer who has staged several Eurovision performances in the past, between them Switzerland 2019, 2021, 2022
Blanca Paloma released an official video clip of her Eurovision 2023 entry, “Eaea“:
Tvorchi released a new version of “Heart of Steel”.
The new version includes a few more layers in the production, and the second verse is performed in Ukrainian language:
Mae Muller will represent the UK at Eurovision 2023 with “I Wrote a Song“