As of the beginning of July 2023, we have reported that Luxembourg will select an artist and a song via a national selection.
At the end of July 2023 , the first auditions took place. Around 100 singers performed in front of a jury panel.
These singers don’t yet have an original song to submit. However, they might be with songwriters at a later due.
The deadline for submitting entries just passed on 1st of October 2023, and now RTL Luxembourg revealed that they received a total of 459 entries!
Grand Duchy of Luxembourg’s national preselection
- The televised national selection will be held on Saturday, the 27th of January 2024.
- The national selection will involve the public.
- There are 3 categories where applications can be sent:
- Category 1 – Singers with songs to submit
- Category 2 – Singers without a song to submit
- Category 3 – Songwriters looking to collaborate with local singers.
- Around 100 artists attended the auditions for Category 2.
- The professional committee will listen to the submitted songs and select some of them to participate in the televised show.
Luxembourg returns to the contest after a long break of 31 years.
The last time the country competed was in 1993.
Despite being one of the smallest countries, the country has already won 5 times in the contest: 1961, 1965, 1972, 1973, 1983.
Who would you like to see representing Luxembourg at Eurovision 2024?
Will the country succeed at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-final will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11h of May 2024
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
- San Marino
- North Macedonia – not official