We continue our exciting Eurovision journey with a series of posts, “Around The Continent,” where we will share a recap of the Eurovision season news.
Let’s travel through country by country, to collect all the exciting stories and updates.
The slogan for Eurovision 2024 (and any future edition) will remain “United By Music” – the same slogan that was used for Eurovision 2023.
More information regarding the ticket sale will be released on the 23rd of November.
The host coty, Malmö, is now considering the required steps to ensure the safety of the event in May 2024. The main concern is hate crimes and violent incidents have occurred in the city lately.
Local police will be monitoring the events, using intelligence.
Måns Zelmerlöw confirmed he won’t be one of the hosts of Eurovision 2024
For the final selection of Azeri representatives for Eurovision 2024, internatinal journalists, fans and music experts will be involved.
“ESCZ 2024” will be held on Monday, the 7th of December 2023.
5 artists will compete in the national selection, which will be held live, with an audience.
The songs won’t be released before the show
Marina Satti‘s song for Eurovision 2024, will be chosen without the involvement of selection committee (on particular: no public committee). In other words, it seems like the selection of the songs will be made by Marina, her team and ERT.
In one of her interviews, she stated we might expect Greek element and dance movements on the stage.
“Festival Di Sanremo 2024” will be held between the 6th of February and the 10th of February 2024.
The list of rumored artists (made by 4 different sources: iMusicFun, Il Fatto Quotidiano , All Music Italia, and Recensiamo musica) for “Sanremo 2024” includes:
(The artists marked in green and yellow are the ones with a higher chance to enter the festival). The list of participants will probably be revealed on the 3rd of December.
The final of “Sanremo 2023 Giovanni” will be held on the 19th of December 2023.
So far, 8 of the finalists have been revealed – you can read about them here
The Roop, who represented Lithuania at Eurovision 2021 (and Eurovision 2020), will submit a song to the national selection for Eurovision 2024 – Eurovizija.LT:
This week (Friday), the 4th semi-final was held with additional 9 perfomers.
The results of the semi-finals will probably be released next week.
Dutch broadcaster AVROTROS continues to reduce its list of potential acts for Eurovision 2024.
According to a local report, made by RTL Nieuws, 10 artists left in the race to represent the country.
The following artists have been rejected: Leonie Meijer, Louisa Janssen and The Jordan.
The submission window for “Pesma za Evroviziju” closed on the 10th of November 2023.
Later on, an expert jury will shortlist a number of songs for the semi-finals
Another rumored artist is Mirna Radulović, who has been part of the Moje 3 trio (Serbia, Eurovision 2013). Reportedly, she has submitted a song with her sister Nera. Their song is said to be named “Ne(ra)Mir(na)” – a word play of her names.
The submission window for “Misija Malmö” (The Slovenian selection for Eurovision 2024) closed on the 16th of November 2023.
The televised show will feature 4 artists, and will probably be held in January 2024.
The 16 artists who will compete in “Benidorm Fest 2024” are:
- Angy Fernández
- Jorge González
- María Peláe
- Miss Caffeína
- Quique Niza
- Roger Padrós
- Sofía Coll
- st. Pedro
- Yoly Saa
You can read more about them here. Their song will be released on the 14th of December
- “Benidorm Fest 2024” will feature 2 semi-finals (30th of January 2024 and 1st of February 2024 ) and a final (3rd of February 2024)
- Each show will be determined by:
- 50% international and national jury
- 25% public votes
- 25% demographic jury, representing different parts of the population.
30 artists will participate in “Melodifestivalen 2024″. They will be revealed on the 1st of December 2023.
- The schedule for “Melodifestivalen 2024” will be:
- Heat 1 – Saturday, 3rd of February 2024: Malmö Arena, Malmö (Eurovision 2024 venue)
- Heat 2 – Saturday, 10th of February 2024: Scandinavium, Gothenburg
- Heat 3 – Saturday, 17th of February 2024: Vida Arena, Växjö
- Heat 4 – Saturday, 24th of February 2024: Stiga Sports Arena, Eskilstuna
- Heat 5 – Saturday, 2nd of March 2024: Löfbergs Arena, Karlstad
- Final – Saturday, 9th of March 2024: Friends Arena, Stockholm
- 12 artists will compete in the final: 10 artists will qualify from the heat to the final (2 per heat) and 2 additional will get a wild-card
According to Swedish Aftonbladet, the list of rumored artists are:
- Miss Snusk – She is known for the pink balaclava she wears over her head. Her identity is unknown, and her lyrics usually relate to sex.
- Gunilla Persson – 64 years old former Swedish model and Television personlity in the present. During her career, she moved to Hollywood, and participated in the TV Series “Svenska Hollywoodfruar” (English: Swedish Hollywood Wives).
They are joined by 14 former artists who have been mentioned in the past:
- Cazzi Opeia
- Marcus and Martinus
- Clara Klingenström
- Adam Woods
- Lisa Ajax
- Smash Into Pieces
- Lasse Stefanz
- Samir & Viktor
- Elecktra (Robin Werner)
- Maria Sur
- Kim Cesarion
First 10 finalists for “Vidbir 2024” have been announced:
- Alyona Alyona & Jerry Heil — Teresa & Maria
- Drevo — Endless chain (probably a song about different sides of love)
- INGRET — Keeper (probably a dramatic ballad)
- Mélovin — Dreamer (probably dramatic song, with a high note at the end)
- Nahaba— Glass (probably will involve screaming/howling)
- Nazva — Slavic English (probably a danceable song)
- Skylerr — Time is running out (the song is a call to the world to stop, some ethnic motives)
- Yagody — Tsunamia (energetic performance, with some traditional elements)
- Yaktak— Lalala
- Ziferblat — Place I Call Home (probably a song with acoustic guitar melody)
However, the public will have the opportunity to grant one additional spot in the final.
10 remaining artists (out of 20 from the longlist) will face online voting:
- Julia Belei