ORF (The Austrian Broadcaster) may already have chosen an artist and a song for Eurovision 2020. One of Austrian music production studios published a post on Instagram where it is said that the ORF decision converged to 3 artists. One of these artists is the singer-songwriter Thea Devy. However, The page Austrovision suggests that Austria had made the final decision about their artist and song for Eurovision 2020.
Last Monday, BNT (The Bulgarian Broadcaster) held a special press conference where they unleashed Bulgaria representative for Eurovision 2020. As ESCBEAT has reported 3 weeks ago, Bulgaria will be represented by Victoria Georgieva. The singer rose to fame after she had ended in 2nd place on “X Factor Bulgaria”.
The song that Victoria will sing in Rotterdam will be published at the begging of March 2020. However, Victoria mentioned that the song will be in a similar style to her latest song:
CyBC (Cyprus Broadcaster) put an end to rumors: Cyprus will be represented by Sandro Nicolas. The singer is the runner up of the 2018 edition of “The Voice of Germany“.
Sandro was born in Germany as Alessandro Rütten to a Greek mother and an American father. He speaks the languages of English, Greek, and German. In 2019, the singer represented the U.S in the “New Wave” competition. He ended in 6th place.
The Cypriot media claims that Sandro may sing one of the following songs in the Eurovision: “Never Let You Down”, “Getaway” and “Falling to Pieces”. The two latter have replaced two other songs: “Mucho calor” (uptempo dance), “Can’t Look Away (mid-tempo dance). Furthermore, “Never Let You Down” is probably a modern pop song. The reason for the replacing was artistic disagreements between the two songwriters and the artist’s team.
Tomorrow, Sunday the 1st of December 2019, the 24 competing songs os “Eesti Laul 2020” will be revealed. Meanwhile, the Estonian Broadcaster ERR has leaked the semi-finals allocation draw. However, the running order in each semi-final will be decided only at the end of December 2019.
Semi-final 1 will be held on the 13th of February 2020. The 12 competing acts will be:
Anett x Fredi – “Write About Me”
Egert Milder – “Georgia (On My Mind)”
INGA – “Right Time”
Jennifer Cohen – “Ping Pong”
Kruuv – “Leelo”
Laura – “Break Me”
Little Mess – “Without a Reason”
Rasmus Rändvee – “Young”
Renate – “Videomäng”
Revals – “Kirjutan romaani”
STEFAN – “By My Side”
Synne feat. Väliharf – “Majakad”
Semi-final 2 will be held on the 15h of February 2020. The 12 competing acts will be:
German & Violina – “Heart Winder”
INGER – “Only Dream”
Jaagup Tuisk – “Beautiful Lie”
Janet – “Hingelind”
Mariliis Jõgeva – “Unistustes”
Merilin Mälk – “Miljon sammu”
SHIRA – “Out In Space”
Traffic – “Üks kord veel”
Uku Suviste – “What Love Is”
Uudo Sepp – “I’m Sorry. I Messed Up”
Viinerid – “Kapa Kohi-LA”
Ziggy Wild – “Lean On Me”
The national final – “UMK 2020” will include 6 songs. The selection will include only a final show, without any semi-finals. Jury of 10 music experts have chosen 6 songs out of 426 songs that have been sent to YLE (The Finnish Broadcaster). At a special event that will be held on the 21st of January 2020, the 6 competing artists will be revealed as well as the music expert jury. Tapio Hakanen, the head of the UMK 2020 jury, promised a variety of music genres and performances in the show.
The second live show occurred last Sunday. 9 candidates competed and only 8 of them qualified for the next episode. The winner of the evening was Tornike Kipiani that received more than 19% of the votes.
At the end of the show, Liza Shengelia was eliminated.
Here are the videos of another acts of the show:
The Auditions level continues, as the following candidates qualified for the next level on episodes 2,3,4:
Eden Alena (87%)
Yanai Ben Hemo (88%)
Lali Kolishkin (95%)
Avihu Pinchasov’s Ryhthm Club (79%)
Luai Ali (79%)
Ido Kolton (72%)
Dana Lapidot (88%)
Gaya Shaki (87%)
Yochai Tzarfati (71%)
Nathan Katorza (88%)
Yuval Bidar- Peretz (67%, saved by the hosts)
Omer Eliyahu (83%)
Dorel Saadon (95%)
The music expert jury reduced the potential songs to a list of 50 songs.
Russia confirmed that they will choose an artist and a song internally. Has Olga Buzova been chosen already?
Over the three passed weeks, 6 young musicians qualified for the EMA FREŠ final. The 12 eliminated acts got the opportunity to fight for another four spots on the EMA FREŠ final. Subsequently, 10 young artists will fight for 2 spots in the EMA final where they will face another 8 musicians. The winner of EMA (not to confuse with EMA FREŠ) will represent Slovenia in Eurovision 2020.
Back to EMA FREŠ, 6 acts competed for 2 wild cards to EMA FREŠ final. 3 duels occurred this week: Pia Nina won over Sara Petešić, Nuša Pliberšek won over Marko Škof, and Alfirev won over the band Solution. The jury and online voting chose 2 of the 3 winners to advance for the next level: Pia Nina and Alfirev.
Spain would like to choose the song for Blas Canto not later than January 2020.
Last Tuesday, SVT (The Swedish Broadcaster) has announced the competing acts of “Melodifestivalen 2020“. Besides, the announcement related to the semi-finals allocation draw and running order.
- February 1 – semi Final 1 – Linköping, SAAB Arena
- Malou Prytz – Ballerina (Written by Thomas G:son, Peter Boström, Jimmy Jansson)
- Felix Sandman – Boys With Emotions (Written by Tony Ferrari, Parker James, Peter Thomas, Philip Bentley, Nicki Adamsson, Felix Sandman)
- OVÖ – Inga problem (Written by Nicholas Frandsen, Lukas Nathanson, Jean-Willy Akofely, Nickie Osenius Kouakou
- The Mamas – Move (written by Melanie Wehbe, Patrik Jean, Herman Gardarfve)
- Suzi P – Moves (written by Joy Deb, Suzi Pancekov, Aniela Eklund, Malou Ruotsalainen, Chanel Tukia, Kenny Silverdique)
- Sonja Aldén – Sluta aldrig gå (written by Bobby Ljunggren, David Lindgren Zacharias, Sonja Aldén)
- Robin Bengtsson – Take A Chance (Written by Jimmy Jansson, Karl-Frederik Reichhardt, Marcus Winther-John)
• February 8 – semi Final 2 – Göteborg, Scandinavium
- Linda Bengtzing – Alla mina sorger (Written by Yvonne Dahlbom, Jesper Welander, Adam Jönsson, Linda Bengtzing)
- Dotter – Bulletproof (Written by Dino Medanhodzic, Johanna Jansson (Dotter), Erik Dahlqvist)
- Anna Bergendahl – Kingdom Come (Written by Bobby Ljunggren, Thomas G:son, Erik Bernholm, Anna Bergendahl)
- Thorsten Flinck – Miraklernas tid (Written by Thomas G:son)
- Klara Hammarström – Nobody (Written by Erik Smaaland, Palle Hammarlund, Klara Hammarström)
- Paul Rey – Talking in My Sleep (Written by Paul Rey, Lukas Hällgren, Alexander Standal Pavelich)
- Mendez feat. Alvaro Estrella – Vamos Amigos (Written by Palle Hammarlund, Jimmy Jansson, Jakke Erixson, Leo Mendez)
• February 15 – semi Final 3 – Luleå, COOP Norrbotten Arena
- Faith Kakembo – Crying Rivers (Written by Jörgen Elofsson, Liz Rodrigues)
- Amanda Aasa – Late (Written by Amanda Aasa, Siri Jansson, Erik Grahn, Alex Shield)
- Albin Johnsén – Livet börjar nu (Written by Robin Stjernberg, Albin Johnsén, Gino Yonan)
- Drängarna – Piga & dräng (Written by Anders Wigelius, Robert Norberg, Jimmy Jansson)
- Mariette – Shout It Out (Written by Thomas G:son, Cassandra Ströberg, Alex Shield, Mariette Hansson)
- Anis Don Demina – Vem e som oss (Written by Anderz Wrethov, Johanna Elkesdotter Wrethov, Anis Don Demina, Robin Svensk)
- Mohombi – Winners (Written by Jimmy Jansson, Mohombi, Palle Hammarlund)
• February 22 – semi Final 4 – Malmö, Malmö Arena
- Hanna Ferm – Brave (Written by David Kjellstrand, Jimmy Jansson, Laurell Barker)
- Nanne Grönvall – Carpool Karaoke (Written by Nanne Grönvall, Peter Grönvall)
- William Stridh – Molnljus (Written by Markus Lidén, Christian Holmström, David Kreuger, William Stridh)
- Jakob Karlberg – Om du tror att jag saknar dig (Written by Nanne Grönvall, Isak Hallén, Henrik Moreborg, Jakob Karlberg)
- Ellen Benediktson & Simon Peyron – Surface (Written by Paul Rey, Laurell Barker, Anderz Wrethov, Sebastian von Koenigsegg, Ellen Benediktson)
- Victor Crone – Troubled Waters (Written by Dino Medanhodzic, Benjamin Jennebo, Victor Crone)
- Frida Öhrn – We Are One (Written by Frida Öhrn, Hampus Eurenius, Nicklas Eklund)
The second chance round will take place on February 29,2020, in Eskilstuna, Stiga Sports Arena and the contest grand final on March 7th, 2020, in Stockholm, Friends Arena. Among the act, some well-known names returned for another try on the Melfest stage such as Victor Crone, Nanne Grönvall, Robin Bengtsson, Mariette, Hanna Ferm, Anna Bergendahl, Linda Bengtzing, Felix Sandman , Frida Öhrn, Malou Prytz, and Sonja Aldén.
The logo of Eurovision 2020 has been leaked:
The logo consists of the history of Eurovision since 1956. Every country in an abstract flag slice that resembles the shape and the colors of the country.
A Eurovision fan has already designed the competing countries flag according to the logo artwork, we have batched them to a beautiful collage:
At the beginning of January 2020, the partition to pots of countries will probably be announced. The aim is trying to prevent Political/ Neighborhood votes. On the 28th of January 2020, a special ceremony will be held in the city of Rotterdam where every country will know in which semi-final they will compete and in which half of the selected semi-final they will perform.