Italian broadcaster RAI has announced 12 finalists for “Sanremo Giovani 2022“:
- gIANMARIA – La città che odi (Eng: The city you hate)
- Giuse The Lizia – Sincera (Eng: Sincere)
- Maninni – Mille Porte (Eng: A thousand doors)
- Mida – Malditè (Eng: Damn / Cursed)
- OLLY – L’anima balla (Eng: The soul dances)
- Sethu – Sottoterra (Eng: Underground)
- Shari – Sotto Voce (Eng: Under the heading)
- Will – Le cose più importanti (Eng: The most important things)
- Colla Zio – Asfalto (Eng: Asphalt)
- Fiat 131 – Pupille (Eng: Pupils)
- Noor – Tua Amelie (Eng: Your Amelie)
- Romeo & Drill – Giorno di scuola (Eng: School day)
While the first 8 artists have been chosen in the beginning or November
The 4 remaining acts were chosen through the “Area Sanremo” path.
These 12 young artists were chosen through 2 rounds of auditions.
The first round included 714 submissions, while the second round came from 549 submissions.
You can listen to the majority of the songs on the playlists on different digital platforms:
The final of “Sanremo Giovani 2022” will be held on the 16th of December 2022.
The top 3 new artists will get a spot in “Festival Di Sanremo 2023″, where they will join 22 established artists.
These 25 artists will participate in the 5 nights festival, where they will have the right to compete to represent Italy at Eurovision 2023.
The list of 22 established artists who will take part in “Festival Di Sanremo 2023” will be revealed on the 4th of December 2022 at 13:30 CET.
At the end of 2018, Mahmood started his journey in “Sanremo Giovani” and ended up as the Italian representative for Eurovision 2019.
Later on, he finished 2nd in the grand final of Eurovision 2019 with “Soldi”:
Would one of these artists end up at the Italian artist for Eurovision 2023?