The EBU has released the official rules of the Eurovision 2024.
In this document, the EBU related to the technical details, the format of the shows, etc.
The majority of the rules remained the same.
We will focus on the most important ones:
- Up to 44 countries will be allowed to participate in Eurovision 2024
- The semi-final results will be determined by a 100% public vote. This means the national jury won’t vote in the semi-finals.
- Votes from “The Rest of The World” (as part of the public vote) will be allowed this year, as well. Public votes from non-participating countries will be aggregated and considered as an additional country.
- The results of the grand final will be determined by a combination of national jury and public votes. The exact proportion between the 2 components will be determined at a later date by the Eurovision Reference Group.Therefore, it is possible that the jury vote will have a lower weight on the final results
- It seems that the use of auto-tune won’t be allowed at the moment
- The semi-final results will be announced in random order by the hosts. The exact scores will be revealed after the final.
- In the grand final, national spokespersons will announce the national jury votes. Public votes will be aggregated and announced by Eurovision hosts.
- The “EBU Values” are: Universality, Independence, Excellence, Diversity, Accountability and Innovation.
- “ESC Values” include: Universality, diversity, equality, inclusivity and a proud tradition of celebrating diversity through music
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-finals will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11h of May 2024
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
- San Marino
- North Macedonia – not official