As always, Denmark will choose an artist and a song for Eurovision via the “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix”.
The submission window closed on the 27th of October 2023
Earlier this week, OGAE Denmark held its annual event where Erik Struve Hansen (the director of “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix”) was a special guest.
Danish website “Good Evening Europe” revealed several details regarding the country’s preparations for Eurovision 2024
“Dansk Melod Grand Prix 2024”
- Around 500 songs were submitted for the national selection.
- The show’s hosts will be revealed in December 2023.
- 8 artists will take part in the “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2024”, the songs and the artists will be revealed in January 2024 (approximately 3 weeks before the show).
- The final of “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2024″ will be held on Saturday, the 17th of February 2024.
- The week before, on the 10th of February 2024, DR will broadcast a special show where the artists will perform unplugged versions of their songs.
- The final will include 2 rounds of voting. Super-finalists will be announced in random order.
- The results will be determined by a combination of jury voting and public vote.
- The jury panel will consist of 20 members: 10 Danish Eurovision experts and 10 international jury members
- The goal is to select songs that will create appeal among young viewers and will stick with international viewers.
Reiley represented Denmark at Eurovision 2023.
They performed the song “Breaking My Heart” and ended up in 14th place in the second semi-final with a total of 6 points.
Who would you like to see representing Denmark at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-finals will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11th of May 2024
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
- San Marino
- North Macedonia – not official